For the welfare of our beloved dogs and for your own personal safety and wellbeing, there are a number of strict criteria that our volunteers must be able to meet. These include:
- Age limits apply for volunteer’s insurance. Restrictions apply for persons over 65 years of age. All volunteers must be 18 years or over.
- You must be physically fit and capable of carrying out the duties and tasks that might be assigned to you if working in the kennels with dogs.
- You must follow direction given to you by authorised persons. All volunteers must sign a Policy and Procedure Acknowledgment and comply with our policies and procedures.
- New volunteers must attend an induction and pay an admin fee of $30.00 (with Police Clearance provided), or $45.00 (if K9 Rescue is to source Police Clearance on volunteer’s behalf).
- Volunteer will receive training and will be attending K9 Rescue on a probationary basis only. K9 Rescue reserve the right to review volunteer training and progress and assess applicant as to their suitability of a permanent rostered position.
We hope that you can appreciate our need to ensure that all of these criteria are met, but if you have any queries at all then please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to discuss in greater detail.